[omniORB] Bug? Calls serialization in omni4.0.1

baileyk at schneider.com baileyk at schneider.com
Tue Jul 1 09:17:24 BST 2003

Your test does not reflect the behavior of the Java client ORB, I think.
AFAIK omniORB will not multiplex calls to a server over a single
connection.  There is a config parameter called "oneCallPerConnection"
which defaults to 1.  I've never changed it, but setting it to zero may get
your test case to behave more like the Java ORB.  I use WebSphere ->
omniORB and it does not serialize the requests even though WebSphere is
multiplexing the requests over a single connection.

Kendall

                      Dmitry Davidovich
                      <DmitryD at enigma.com>                 To:       "'omniorb-list at omniorb-support.com'"
                      Sent by:                              <omniorb-list at omniorb-support.com>
                      omniorb-list-bounces at omniorb-        cc:
                      support.com                          Fax to:
                                                           Subject:  [omniORB] Bug? Calls serialization  in omni4.0.1

                      07/01/2003 05:27 AM

Hi,
it's seems that omniORB 4.0.1 still serializes all calls on a single
connection.

My configuration:

Server:
    Modified eg3_impl - added busy wait to slow down execution of
"echoString"
    Command line: -ORBInitRef NameService=corbaname::localhost
-ORBthreadPerConnectionPolicy 0

Client:
    Modified eg3_clt - multithreaded infinite loop
    Command line: -ORBInitRef NameService=corbaname::localhost
-ORBmaxGIOPConnectionPerServer 1 -ORBoneCallPerConnection 0

Platform:
    Win2k, 2 Xeon box - seen by OS as 4 CPU.

Observation:
    only 25% of CPU load (~150 calls/sec), if I change
"maxGIOPConnectionPerServer" to 4, CPU load will go to 97% (~500 calls/sec)

My target is a connecting of Java AppServer (WebSphere, JBoss) as a client
to omniORB based backend, so,
I have no control over a number of connections (Java ORB opens one
connection only).

Help, please!

Thanks

PS: please, cc to dmitryd at enigma.com