[omniORB] RPM: omniNames init script is not executable

Thomas Lockhart lockhart at fourpalms.org
Tue Dec 23 18:45:02 GMT 2003

> Setting the execute bit on the script resolves the problem.
> The omiORB.spec file says:
> %config(noreplace) %_sysconfdir/rc.d/init.d/*
> Any reason why the initscripts are declared 'config'? They are clearly
> not config and most likely it causes rpmbuild to 'chmod -x' the files.

They are declared 'config' to make sure that they do not get replaced by
an upgrade (in case someone has changed command line switches or the
chkconfig startup mode, for example). I'll look at some other RPM spec
files to see if that is a typical choice.

I think I have a fix for the permissions problem already in my latest
"development" RPM set. Did you have a chance to look at that? I was
looking for feedback on the SuSE startup script in particular, but would
welcome comments on any other part also (your name already shows up in
the changelog...).

The source RPM is posted at

   http://www.fourpalms.org/pub/omniORB/devel/omniORB-4.0.3-4.src.rpm

                     - Tom