[omniORB] omniORB and JNI

Cédric Tedeschi cedric.tedeschi at ens-lyon.fr
Mon Aug 25 17:39:30 BST 2003

Hello,

My problem is as follows:

I have two devices written in C++ using omniORB and communicating
through it. I want to launch one of them via JNI, because I need to use
Java inside my application. The sole difference between the normal C++
code and the code launched by JNI is the keywords of JNI allowing the
call of the function from the Java code.

I have no problem when none is launched via JNI, still no problem when
both are launched via JNI, but when only one of them is launched via
JNI, some errors occur when executing.

omniorb: from endpoint: giop:tcp: 144.22.33.44:31987. Detected GIOP 1.2
protocol error in input message. Connection is closed.

This error occurs on the device not launched via JNI when the device
launched with JNI send datas to it. When launching exactly the same code
from JNI, everything occurs well...

Someone knows this problem?

Thanks in advance!

regards,