[omniORB] omniINSPOA and bidir connections (omniORB4)

bjorn rohde jensen bjensen@fastmail.fm
Wed Oct 23 18:10:01 2002

Hi Fernando,

  I am glad not to be entirely wrong;) Any way stream audio
and/or video using CORBA is a good idea, i think. I have
been doing a little looking into that myself a while back.
There is a CORBA domain specification on the streaming of
data. It deals mostly with the control of unspecified stream
sink's and well's, the actual data streaming is not required
to use CORBA. I found the spec to not very enlightening though.
  OmniORB ought to be fast enough for streaming data, but
you do have to expect CORBA to be a little slower than raw
TCP/IP for bulk data transfer, on the other hand after adding
application logic to deal with all sorts of transport problems
and application synchronization i would expect most ORBs would
probably display comparable performance to the raw TCP solution.

Yours sincerely,

Bjorn