[omniORB] Anybody have any luck compiling omniORB on OSF 4.0

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Tue Oct 22 16:06:01 2002

On Sunday 20 October, Gary Greyling wrote:

> i would love some pointers. I have gcc 2.95.2 on the system and all the
> other gnu tools as well. I get a parse error almost immediately.

omniORB will definitely not work with gcc 2.95.2 on OSF. I don't know
about the parse error, but gcc 2.95 doesn't generate thread safe
exception handling code on Alpha, so you will get random crashes. I
believe it still hasn't been fixed, but you may have some luck with
gcc 3.2.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --