[omniORB] omniorb4 debian packages: proposed changes for arch support

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Tue Oct 22 16:04:01 2002

On Sunday 20 October, Bastian Blank wrote:

> while doing this i find some things, which should be changed for better
> support of new architectures:
>
> acinclude.m4:
>   OMNI_CXX_LONG_IS_INT check is broken.

I noticed that a while ago. It's already fixed in CVS.

> include/omniORB4/CORBA_sysdep_trad.h:
>   endianess of cpu types:
>     use <endian.h> or use AC_C_BIGENDIAN.
>   size of types:
>     use C99 types (not well supported now) or check via AC_CHECK_SIZEOF.

That file is only used in the case that autoconf is not available, so
it isn't possible to use any AC_ checks. It works fine on lots of
weird and wonderful platforms right now, so I don't think it's good to
try to change it.

> mk/beforeauto.mk.in:
>   use installed cpp instead of omkdepend which is broken on several
>   architectures.

Can you explain?

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --