[omniORB] OmniORB on MacOS X

David Fellah dfellah@itginc.com
Fri Oct 4 21:32:00 2002

Thats right,
   I run omniORB on MacOS X (10.2) as well and everything runs fine,
although
   I had to sometimes force a compile on a particular library by
enabling flat_namespace:
  However once it is installed you have to have have DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH
point to
  the correct directory (/sw/lib - in this case)...
  --Cheers,
  David
On Friday, Oct 4, 2002, at 11:38 America/New_York, Duncan Grisby wrote:

> On Monday 30 September, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?S=E9bastien_Pierre?= wrote:
>
>> I have succesfully compiled OmniORB on MacOS X (10.2), but when I run
>> examples (for instance the echo example eg1) I get the following
>> error:
>>
>> dyld: ./eg2_clt can't open library: shared/libomniORB4.0.0.dylib  (No
>> such file or directory, errno = 2)
>> Trace/BPT trap
>>
>> This file is actually installed in /sw/lib/libomniORB4.0.0.dylib - so
>> don't figure out why dyld does not find it.
>
> I don't know how you tell MacOS X to look in a directory by default
> (presumably it has some equivalent of /etc/ld.so.conf), but you can
> tell it where to look with the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Duncan.
>
> --
>  -- Duncan Grisby         --
>   -- duncan@grisby.org     --
>    -- http://www.grisby.org --

"This message is for the named person's use only.  It is not intended as an
offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial instrument or as
an official confirmation of any transaction.  It may contain confidential,
proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege
is waived or  lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this message in error,
please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any
hard copies of it and notify the sender. Any views expressed in this message are
those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and
the sender is authorized to state them to be the views of any such entity."