[omniORB] Problems with omniORB4 and WinNT4/2K

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Fri Oct 4 16:51:02 2002

On Tuesday 1 October, "Krzysiek Czarnowski" wrote:

> Sure I run it in the "cmd.exe" console! Just when I got the access violation
> I entered the debugger (just clicked [Cancel]). I realize that omniORB
> binaries where built with no debugging info, but what surprized me then was
> that I got the following line:
> "Loaded symbols for 'C:\WINNT\system32\Msvcirt.dll'"
> among other saying " ...., no matching symbolic information".
> That surprized me and made me wonder if there is something wrong with my
> system...

msvcrt.dll has no debugging info either. It isn't meant to have.

> By the way, I still haven't solved the problem.

What output do you get if you run omniNames with arguments
-ORBtraceLevel 25?

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --