[omniORB] LNK4049 warnings when building app against omniORB4

Mike Mascari mascarm@mascari.com
Sun Jun 30 04:55:01 2002

Hello.

I've built the latest version of omniORB4 from a cvs checkout as of June
29. I have an application which links statically against the omniORB
libraries. I therefore use the _WINSTATIC define (as well as the normal
defines) when building. However, I'm getting a warning when linking
against the new libraries with the new headers:

Linking...
   Creating library x86/eStart.lib and object x86/eStart.exp
LINK : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol ""int __cdecl
strcasecmp(char const *,char const *)" (?strcasecmp@@YAHPBD0@Z)"
imported
LINK : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol ""int __cdecl
strncasecmp(char const *,char const *,unsigned int)"
(?strncasecmp@@YAHPBD0I@Z)" imported

Of course this is an application, which shouldn't have an Export table
at all. I don't recall getting these warnings with omniORB3, but I'm not
sure. It seems pretty harmless, but it appears something is awry.

This is:

Windows NT 4 SP6a
Visual C++ 6

Any clues?