[omniORB] interprocess comm

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Sat Jun 29 22:36:02 2002

On Saturday 29 June, Henrique F Bucher wrote:

> I saw somewhere (I can't remember) that someone made a hack into
> omniORB such that latencies were orders of magnitude faster than in
> omniORB3. It seems that this change would make omniORB not fully CORBA
> compliant but, well, there's always a tradeoff.
> Did I misunderstand what I've read?

Yes, you misunderstood. In omniORB 4, I implemented shortcut local
calls for _in process_ communication. The calls bypass the normal POA
policies and therefore go very fast, but are non-compliant. This is
only a possibility if the client and server are in the same process.
It does not help at all if they are in different processes, even if
the processes are on the same machine.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --