[omniORB] omniconfig.h

Stefan Seefeld seefeld@sympatico.ca
Thu Jun 27 01:22:01 2002

hi there (, hi Duncan, in particular),

is there any chance to get the omniconfig.h
issue I reported earlier fixed in the near future ?
In particular, is there anything I can do such
as provide a diff ?
THe issue is that omniconfig.h defines macros like
PACKAGE_NAME that are not supposed to be seen by
other packages (such as Fresco in this case), as these
will have their own versions of these macros, thus
leading to a naming clash. The solution (as I pointed
out in an earlier mail) is to only export a wrapper
header file that #undefs the local macros so they aren't
seen by anybody else.

The minimal change is to let configure.ac not generate
omniconfig.h, but acconfig.h, and create omniconfig.h
such that in #includes acconfig.h. Thus the only changes
are a one line modification to configure.ac, and a new
header file...

Regards,
		Stefan