[omniORB] How can I creat a hot-standby name service?

Lars von Wedel vonWedel@lfpt.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Jul 23 09:54:00 2002

--------------FE5114B34DA3AFF49742EE63

Hi,

> Nobody said anything about keeping the name servers synchronised. For
> a lot of applications, the information in the name servers changes
> very rarely, and probably needs to be different on the replica
> machines anyway, to reflect the other services that are replicated.
That's true. I was (implicitly) considering a hot-standby service for
binding as well as resolving.

Lars
--------------FE5114B34DA3AFF49742EE63

begin:vcard
n:von Wedel;Lars
tel;fax:++49 241 8092326
tel;work:++49 241 8095240
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.lfpt.rwth-aachen.de
org:RWTH Aachen;Lehrstuhl fuer Prozesstechnik
adr:;;Turmstrasse 46;52064 Aachen;;;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:vonWedel@lfpt.rwth-aachen.de
fn:Lars von Wedel
end:vcard