[omniORB] How can I creat a hot-standby name service?

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Tue Jul 23 09:10:01 2002

On Monday 22 July, Lars von Wedel wrote:

> I may lack some understanding here, but I doubt this will work
> because I see no synchronization between the two name servers'
> log files?

Nobody said anything about keeping the name servers synchronised. For
a lot of applications, the information in the name servers changes
very rarely, and probably needs to be different on the replica
machines anyway, to reflect the other services that are replicated.
If the application does need the same data in each name service
instance, by far the easiest thing is to explicitly update all the
replicas when a new binding is made.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --