[omniORB] set IDL compiler to generate a client stub

Thu, 31 Jan 2002 09:53:51 +0000

On Thursday 31 January, Bruno Dorel wrote:

> "mymoduleSK.cc" seems to be the skeleton or server side generated
> code but I need the stub or client side code to link with my
> application How can i set omniorb to generate the stub of my module?

mymoduleSK.cc contains both the server skeleton _and_ the client
stub. omniORB never separates them.

> If I compile the  "mymoduleSK.cc" then try to link it with my
> application the linker is unable to get a reference
> on   : myModule::myInterface::myObject::_narrow(CORBA::Object *) .
> Something I can't understand is that the _narrow method is declared
> public in "mymoduleSK.cc" but seems to be
> not visible for the linker .

That shouldn't be a problem. There must be something broken about your
set-up. Are you _sure_ you are actually linking with the right SK.cc
file?