[omniORB] set IDL compiler to generate a client stub

Bruno Dorel bd.ais40@wanadoo.fr
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 10:10:38 +0100

High

First i have to tell you that i'm a beginner with omniORB so my question
may seems stupid

I use Omniorb last version under linux to connect a C++ client to a java
server under linux
(different machine)
I use the visibroker 4.5 name service my C++ client can connect the
VisiBroker name service :
this works fine

I compile the IDL description of my objects with omniidl this seems to
be successfull :
  I get a  "mymodule.hh" and a "mymoduleSK.cc" .

"mymoduleSK.cc" seems to be the skeleton or server side generated code
but I need the stub or client
side code to link with my application How can i set omniorb to generate
the stub of my module?

If I compile the  "mymoduleSK.cc" then try to link it with my
application the linker is unable to get a reference
on   : myModule::myInterface::myObject::_narrow(CORBA::Object *) .
Something I can't understand is that the _narrow method is declared
public in "mymoduleSK.cc" but seems to be
not visible for the linker .

I have checked my compiler and linker options several times they seem to
be correct (but nobody is perfect)

Hope that somebody can help me

regards

B DOREL