[omniORB] OmniORB3 and multiple network interfaces

armin.gerritsen@philips.com armin.gerritsen@philips.com
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 10:18:15 +0100

>I'm new to OmniORB3, so I hope this is a FAQ:

It is.
At least with omniORB 2.8.0 it is. You must/can set some enviroment variable
to select which IP you want to bind with. I had to do this for a 'router-PC'
which contained two network cards, and teh app by default insisted on
binding to the wrong one.

>We are developing an OmniORB3 based server.  The machine has
>more than one network interface.  Unfortunately, the IOR
>string contains the "wrong" IP number.  In fact, we may have
>up to three interfaces, say eth0, ppp0, and xxx0.  Both eth0
>and ppp0 should be in the IOR string, but not xxx0, because
>it has a "local" IP address assigned (192.168.x.y).  How can
>this be done with OmniORB3?  I'm sure, that this is a
>common problem with a standard solution, right?

But  - someone correct me if I'm wrong - you can only bind to one IP at a
time, so you cannot just put two of four IP's in the IOR.

Armin