[omniORB] Threads in ORB

bjorn rohde jensen shamus@tdcadsl.dk
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 15:43:37 +0200

Hi Jorge,

 Things like threads and processes are rather OS and ORB dependent,
i would recommend, that you try not to make assumptions about that
sort of thing.
 The scenario, you describe, is quite reasonable for a for a server
using a thread pool. I am not sure, why you would expect the process
id for threads in the same process to differ, you should ask about their
thread id instead, i would say. It is also quite possible for the work
load on the server to be so low, that it can be handled by a single
worker.
 Why is this important to you? It is really an implementation detail,
i would day.

Yours sincerely,

Bjorn

[snip]