[omniORB] Cygwin and omniORB

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 20:49:50 +0100

On Wednesday 24 April, "Igor V. Artelnykh" wrote:

> I'd like to use omniORB under Cygwin on Win32 platform.

Nobody has ever successfully done that to my knowledge. The Linux
build configuration might be a good starting point, but it will not be
a trivial exercise. Last I knew, Cygwin had troubles with its pthreads
implementation that prevented omniORB from working. That might be
fixed now.

If you are going to try to do a port, I recommend that you use the
omniORB 4.0 beta, not least because it has autoconf support, which
might make your life easier.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --