[omniORB] omniORB4 for mission critical production app

baileyk@schneider.com baileyk@schneider.com
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 14:51:58 -0500

My employer is considering using omniORB4 for a small piece of a mission
critical production application.  I'm looking for any examples of
successful (or not) deployments.  I know the wiki page has a few, and I'd
appreciate a short confirmation from any of those projects that omniORB4 is
being used successfully.  I've been using omniORB for about 9 months in
prototypes (C++ and Python) and to show that replacement of Orbix2000 is
possible and that our code base is reasonably standards compliant.

Any reasons for rejecting omniORB4 in mission critical applications would
be useful too.  If you/your company has evaluated it and decided against
it, I'd like to hear why.  What was used in its place?

I specify v4 since it has a couple features that are needed ( handling
multiplexed requests from a Java client and possibly the wide string
support ).

Any responses are appreciated.

Thanks,
Kendall Bailey