[omniORB] omniORB's future (and mine too)

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 14:23:45 +0100

On Thursday 25 April, bjorn rohde jensen wrote:

>  It is really great, that you are willing to keep
> maintaining omniORB. I think, the project model,
> you outlined, would be perfect, since quality
> control is critical to portable high performance
> projects. One thing, i think is quite important,
> is documentation of the implementation. Is there
> any such documentation available for omniORB? I
> think, that would greatly increase the communitys
> ability to contribute to omniORB. The orb core is
> a bit complicated after all.

There is some implementation documentation, spread around the source
in large block comments. I have some diagrams of the dispatch path,
too, but I need to work on them a little before they're ready. It
would certainly be good to have more documentation. If someone wanted
to try to document it all, I'd be happy to help them understand it
all.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --