[omniORB] omniORB with VC7

Mon, 15 Apr 2002 12:49:51 +0100

On Wednesday 27 March, Sandro Tolaini wrote:

> Can we work out a good solution? Having to compile python extensions
> with the same compiler used to compile Python is a mess... I think that
> this breaks omniORBpy, also.

One solution might be to add an option to the C++ bit of omniidl to
take a file name to open, rather than an open file for the
pre-processed IDL. That will prevent the use of a pipe between the C++
pre-processor and omniidl, but it won't be susceptible to the details
of the C runtime.

I have a nasty suspicion that that still won't work, though, since
there are likely to be other conflicts between the two C runtimes.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --