[omniORB] small omniidl problem

Harri Pasanen harri.pasanen@trema.com
Thu, 04 Apr 2002 10:31:59 +0200

bjorn rohde jensen wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
>  I build the omniORB beta using autoconf and --prefix=/blabla...
> and i seem to have discovered a little problem. I by choice do
> not have any of the omniORB directories in my path, and this
> little problem will not show itself, if one has.
>  In lib/python2.1/site-packages/omniidl/main.py the path to
> omnicpp is determined to be lib/python2.1/site-packages/
> instead of just bin/
>  The line is:
>
>      preprocessor = os.path.join(preprocessor_path, "omnicpp")
>
> I hacked that to read:
>
>      preprocessor = os.path.join(preprocessor_path,
> "../../../bin/omnicpp")
>
> Perhaps someone with an understanding of python could come
> up with a better solution?
>
> Yours sincerely,
>
> bjorn

I ran into the same problem.

My fix was to replace above in the same file the lines:

if hasattr(_omniidl, "__file__"):
    preprocessor_path = os.path.dirname(_omniidl.__file__)
else:
    preprocessor_path = os.path.dirname(sys.argv[0])

with just

preprocessor_path = os.path.dirname(sys.argv[0])

At least on unix platforms that should always work.  I'm not sure about
Windows.

-Harri