[omniORB] Question on Portable Interceptors

Markus Mohr BradPritt@gmx.de
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 11:26:25 +0200

Sveta Shasharina wrote:

>Did you look at orbacus 4 (free, so far, product of iona)?
>Orbix (also iona) definetely has them but it is not free.

>Svetlana Shasharina -- sveta@txcorp.com
>Tech-X Corporation  -- www.techxhome.com
>Ph:   (720) 563-0322
>Cell: (720) 841-4301

Hi!

Yes I installed Orbacus and I am playing a little around with it now.
But one thing that drives me crazy is the configuration while compiling.
I told the script that I wanted dynamic libraries but it compiled
everything as static libraries and with debug information (although I
turned them off, too) so that every executable became 25MB in size so
that the Orbacus became more than 1GB in total.  So I had to strip debug
information by hand (or by find).

Greetings,
        Markus