[omniORB] problems with Python and -ORBgiopMaxMsgSize

David Konerding dek@cgl.ucsf.EDU
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 08:56:50 -0700

Hi, folks,

I am using omniORB3 with omniORBpy, and I am having a problem.
When I send a very large message (~1.7MB data) I get a MARSHAL exception.
I am trying to using a much larger -ORBgiopMaxMsgSize
by passing that in the argv array when I initialize the ORB from Python.
So far, I have had no luck- no matter what value I set the message size to,
I still get the marshal exception.  It looks to me very much like the parameter
is not actually being passed to the C++ ORB layer.

I am planning to come up with a simple test case later today and also
recompile the ORB with a bit of debugging code, but I'd like to hear if
anybody else knows about this problem.  I am able to pass other parameters
without problems.

David Konerding
Email: dek@cgl.ucsf.edu
WWW: http://www.cgl.ucsf.edu/home/dek