[omniORB] Event producer/consumer app crash

Sai-Lai Lo s.lo@uk.research.att.com
Fri, 25 May 2001 16:23:43 -0000

> >    You could try disable the alias expansion
>
> Disabling alias expansion seems to be the key, it's been running all day
> under Purify without a problem.
>
> >    Hopefully, javaIDL is able to deal with non-alias expanded
> > typecode.
>
> Unfortunately I believe this was the reason we enabled LCD mode, my
collegue
> that looked into the problem is not here today but I recall an issue with
> certain objects being silently dropped by the Java ORB.
>
> Does this indicate a problem with alias expansion? Is there anything we
can
> do to help identify where the problem is? This product is very close to
> shipping and it would be nice to fix :-)

There is one bug in the typecode implementation that is related to alias
expansion,
it has an effect if the typecode is a sequence or struct or something
complex that
contains an object reference. I've backported the fix from omniORB 3
together
with another fix that is related to complex recursive typecodes.

I am not sure any of these bugs is the cause of your problem.  I suppose it
is worth
giving it a try. Otherwise, one may have to look into alias expansion in
more detail.

Please get the latest 2.8 snapshot from our ftp server:

ftp://ftp.uk.research.att.com/pub/omniORB/omniORB_28_snapshots/omniORB-lates
t.tar.gz

Sai-Lai