[omniORB] Can you transfere 5Megs as an argument to a CORBA method call?

Mark Zimmerman markzimm@frii.com
Tue, 22 May 2001 08:13:20 -0600

On Tue, May 22, 2001 at 10:35:20AM +0200, ERIKSSON,TOBIAS (A-Sweden,ex1) wrote:

> Hi
>  I have a problem where I have noticed that we get (all the time, so far) a
> CORBA_COMM exception when we tyry to transfere a file which is somewhere
> around 5Megs. I am running a JAVA client with JacORB 1.2.3 and the server is
> C++ and is based on omniORB 3.0.3.
>
>  The question is; Is it not possible to transfere this amount of data as
> argument to a normal corba method call?

Before you call CORBA::ORB_init, do this:

omniORB::MaxMessageSize(BIG_NUMBER);

I set my maximum to 10MB and have had no trouble with transfers of
about 4MB.

I think this is discussed in Chapter 8 of the omniOrb documentation.

-- Mark