[omniORB] Assertion Failed

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
09 May 2001 11:59:45 +0100

Jon,

As far as I know, the bug reported by Helmut was fixed.

A rare race condition was discovered at around Nov 2000. The bug is
triggered when there is a lot of concurrency in create, use, and delete a
CORBA object. It isn't related directly to the assertion failure you are
seeing but it is worth getting the fix for the race anyway.

The 2.8 snapshot that contain the fix is in:

ftp://ftp.uk.research.att.com/pub/omniORB/omniORB_28_snapshots/omniORB-latest.tar.gz

Sai-Lai

--
Sai-Lai Lo                                   S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
AT&T Laboratories Cambridge           WWW:   http://www.uk.research.att.com