[omniORB] Re: build errors

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
29 Mar 2001 11:04:19 +0100

Hi! In Jan this year, we have upgraded gnu-win32-lite on our ftp server to
the latest Cygwin package. The win32 utilities in the omniORB distribution,
i.e. clwrapper etc, have been updated to be compatible with both the old
and the new Cygwin.

The problem you are having is because you are building the omniORB 2.7.1
which is over 2 years old and came with the older clwrapper utilities. The
old utilities only understand the registry entries of the old Cygwin
package. Because you have installed the new gnu-win32-lite, the checkmounts
utility added to the registry entries understood only by the new Cygwin
package. Hence the problem with your build.

The easiest solution is to download the old gnu-win32-lite from our ftp
server. The name is gnu-win32-lite.zip.veryold. You have to do checkmounts
using the old utility again to make sure that the correct registry entries
are updated.

Regards,

Sai-Lai

--