[omniORB] Using omniORBpy to develop CORBA testing applications

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc@mediaone.net
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 12:35:12 -0500

Hi,

I am interested in using omniORBpy to develop test harnesses
for CORBA servers written under C++ ( with the TAO orb).

Using omniORBpy makes writing the CORBA client stuff a breeze.
I would like to use TKInter to develop a snazzy test GUI,
but I don't know much about TKInter GUI programming.

Can anyone recomend references for learning TKInter GUI programming
in Python?

You know what would be cool...if someone (ie. not me :) wrote a
backend for omniidl which took an IDL file as input, and generated
an automated test harness for it in Python.
--
Craig Rodrigues
http://www.gis.net/~craigr