[omniORB] omnipy beginners question

Bert Thomas bert@brothom.nl
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 15:02:20 +0100

Duncan Grisby schreef:

> On Monday 19 March, Bert Thomas wrote:
>
> [...problem using omniORBpy...]
>
> Have you actually installed omniORBpy and a full Python distribution?
> If you have only installed omniORB 3.0.x, you don't have omniORBpy --
> you must get that separately.
>
> You also need a full version of Python. The omnipython executable in
> the omniORB distribution is only suitable for running the Python bits
> of the IDL compiler. It lacks too many features to be used
> productively with omniORBpy.

Thanks Duncan, this solved my problem!

The problem was that I only installed a minimal python downloaded from
the omniorb website only to build omniorb. I was trying to use the
omniifr interface repository. Omniifr adds another backend to omniidl,
but that backend apparently requires a full python install and a full
omnipy install.

Thanks again!

Bert