[omniORB] omniORB bug

Mon, 19 Mar 2001 14:00:32 +0000

On Wednesday 28 February, Marcus.Bullingham@aculab.com wrote:

Sorry it's so long since you posted -- your email got buried under
lots of other stuff.

[...]
> Corruption of the heap occurs during the invocation of
> 'CORBA::TypeCode::PR_struct_tc()'. This calls the constructor for
> 'TypeCode_struct', which calls the 'NP_complete_recursive_sequences()'
> method, which recursively descends the typecode structures, eventually
> calling 'TypeCode_collector::markLoops' on the 'TypeCode' object
> allocated by 'TypeCode::_nil()'. The first such call sets
> 'TypeCode_base::pd_mark' to 0, but further calls occur later and do
> more damage.

I've tried to reproduce your problem, but I can't see any way in which
markLoops() would ever be called on the nil TypeCode. Using your
fragment of IDL, fleshed out with simple declarations to make it
complete, the nil TypeCode is not involved in the markLoops
recursion. Can you send a minimal stand-alone example which exhibits
the problem?