[omniORB] omniORB and GTK

Leandro Fanzone leandro@hasar.com
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 16:11:28 -0300

My own experience with gtk-- shows that GTK and omniORB must run in
different threads, using the GTK mutex when you want to access GUI
objects from the CORBA thread. On initialization and shutdown I
particulary chose first GTK and then CORBA, but the fact that they run in
different threads renders unnecessary to pay attention who's first, as
long as neither one is using the other if it doesn't (already or anymore)
exist.

Leandro Fanzone