[omniORB] Build omniOrb in LynxOS

Jessie Ragsdale jessie.ragsdale@latuslw.com
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 13:05:14 -0500

omniORB3 builds quite easily for LynxOS 3.1 for the power-pc processor.
I just followed the instructions in the "PORTING" file,
created the Lynx specific files, and everything compiled OK.
I have run omniNames many times on LynxOS 3.1 and it works well with
VisiBroker, TAO, and omniORB clients.
The only problem that I encountered was in the omnithread library in posix.cc.
omni_thread::join() can call pthread_join with a status parameter of 0 and
LynxOS  insists on an actual void** parameter.
Once I corrected that, I haven't encountered any problems using omniORB3 on
LynxOS 3.1.  I have never tried it with LynxOS 2.5 though.

Jessie