[omniORB] valuetype support?

Tim Woodall twoodall@chiaro.com
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 11:21:29 -0500

I noticed in the archives a question regarding
support of valuetype. At the time, this appeared
to be a relatively low priority item. Any changes
or plans to include valuetype support in omniORB4?

I ask as an ANSI T1M1 working group has been
working on a draft standard "Guidelines for the
Definition of CORBA Managed Objects" which will
soon be standardized by ITU-T as X.780 and Q.816.
These documents define a general framework for the
development of corba based TMN architectures. However,
they make extensive use of valuetype as a
"generic" facility to get/set object attributes.

Thanks,
Tim S. Woodall
Chiaro Networks
twoodall@chiaro.com

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are the property
of Chiaro Networks, Ltd., and may contain confidential and
privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
to whom this e-mail is addressed. If you are not one of the named
recipient(s), or otherwise have reason to believe that you have
received this message in error, please notify the sender and
delete all copies from your system.  Any other use, retention,
dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is
strictly prohibited.