[omniORB] omniORB build enviroment

Bruce Fountain B_Fountain@motherwell.com.au
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 16:41:58 +0800

Duncan Grisby
> The current scheme of manually editing a couple of files is
> inconvenient, and can be quite complex if you have things installed in
> different locations to what the defaults expect. This situation is
> going to get worse as optional things like SSL support come along. We
> really need a "configure" stage. We also don't currently have an
> "install" rule, which I know that many people want.
>
> So, there are a few options I can think of:

Have you thought of using a "wizard" type approach? The wizard
could step through each of the configuration options making its
best guess and allowing the user to modify the settings. It
would then generate the config files. Not sure if it would work
very well with commandline tools though...

Bruce Fountain