[omniORB] Memory Leaks Checker under Linux

dek_ml@konerding.com dek_ml@konerding.com
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 08:02:41 -0800

Gian Piero Izzo writes:
>Hello, I still can't get out of this.
>
>Do you know wether it exists or not a (good) memory leak checker to
>examinate an application that uses omniORB3 under Linux?
>I'm working with RedHat6.2, gcc2.95.2
>Up to now everything I tried just doesn't work at all or doesn't work
>properly.
>Doesn't work properly means that using Purify on Sun Solaris for the
>same application I found memory leaks that were not found on Linux.
>I tried with memprof 0.4, with njamd0.8, with leaktracer, always with no
>results.
>Seems that all these products have problems when working on code that
>overloads the new and delete operators. Is this tha case for omniORB ?

I haven't tried dmalloc with C++ code only C, but it usually works well.
Not sure if will help with code that overloads new and delete, but since
you'll have the source code to everything (the ORB and the memory checker)
you can probably modify it to give the results you want.

Dave