[omniORB] Debugging under Linux

Christof Meerwald cmeerw@web.de
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 19:39:26 +0100

On Wed, 15 Nov 2000 08:56:15 -0800, Kevin Bailey wrote:
>I tried all those versions and they display the same symptoms.

The only other reason I could imagine, is that you have a stripped
libpthread.so.0. Try a "nm /lib/libpthread.so.0" and if it doesn't display
any symbols you need to get a non-stripped version.

BTW, I just checked that on a Mandrake 7.1 glibc RPM. And it seems that they
indeed ship a stripped libpthread.so.0. So to get LinuxThread-support
working in gdb you have to get at least a non-stripped libpthread.so.0

>Is there an alternative thread library/implementation that I
>could compile omniORB with ? -pthread vs -lpthread doesn't
>seem to make much difference.

Hmm, AFAIK you have to use either "-pthread" or "-D_REENTRANT -lpthread".

bye, Christof

--
http://cmeerw.cjb.net                        http://cmeerw.cjb.net/wap/
mailto cmeerw at web.de                   AIM, Yahoo! Messenger: cmeerw