[omniORB] omniORB3 and Java

Chris Knestrick chris@E115084.vtacs.com
Sun, 5 Nov 2000 15:55:29 -0500 (EST)

I've been attempting to create a very simple object C++ object and invoke
it in Java, using omniORB3.  After banging my head several hours yesterday
trying to figure out why I was getting an ArrayOutOfBounds exception, I
found an answer in the mailing list archieve.  So, I'm now using jdk1.2.2,
instead of 1.3 (however, I used idlj from 1.3 to process the idl file).
Now I'm getting a NO_IMPLEMENT exception when I attempt to call the one
and only class method, even though the server is running (and works fine
when the client is written in C++).  The IOR for the object that is being
returned by omniNames is _slightly_ different then the one that it says is
being registered - by "slightly" I mean that it's obviously a derivation
of the original.  I thought that this might be the problem, but the IOR
for the naming context is also modified in the same way, but it does not
appear to be having any problems (it is able to resolve the path).  Does
anyone have _any_ ideas as to what is going on here?  This is a
(seemingly) trivial client/server setup that is going to be a very minor
part of a larger class project.  I'm beginning to question whether or not
omniORB even _works_ with java, as I'm been having so many problems! :-)
Any help would be greatly appericiated!

Thanks,

Chris

--
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be
the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than