[omniORB] incoming LOCATE_REQUEST, how to satisfy it

Fabien COUTANT Fabien.Coutant@steria.fr
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 12:56:42 +0100

On 02 November 2000, you (ERIKSSON,TOBIAS (A-Sweden,ex1)) wrote:
> Hi
>  I'm not sure but I don't think that Orbix2.3 supports the POA or does it?
> if it doesn't I don't think you will get it to work, querstion is if I'm
> right or not?
> Just my reflextion on this...
> /Tobias

Indeed Orbix 2.3 does not support POA, since it was not standardized at
that time.

However it speaks IIOP/GIOP, and though I'm not expert, I think this
protocol is about objects and their interfaces, not their
implementation, so when a client wants to use an object it doesn't mind
whether it is implemented with BOA or POA (or tie versions of them).

Simply I saw LOCATE_REQUEST succeed with omniNames and want to know what
kind of magic is involved to get the same thing working in my server.

--
Hope this helps,
Fabien.