[omniORB] incoming LOCATE_REQUEST, how to satisfy it

ERIKSSON,TOBIAS (A-Sweden,ex1) tobias_eriksson@agilent.com
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 12:08:04 +0100

Hi
 I'm not sure but I don't think that Orbix2.3 supports the POA or does it?
if it doesn't I don't think you will get it to work, querstion is if I'm
right or not?
Just my reflextion on this...
/Tobias

-----Original Message-----
From: Fabien COUTANT [mailto:Fabien.Coutant@steria.fr]
Sent: den 31 oktober 2000 15:07
To: omniorb-list@uk.research.att.com
Subject: [omniORB] incoming LOCATE_REQUEST, how to satisfy it

Hello,

I have implemented a server with omniORBpy, which reveices a
LOCATE_REQUEST from the client:  I enabled traces to see this.

The client is implemented with Orbix 2.3 (don't know whether it
matters), and is a commercial product (i.e. which I don't have control
on). My problem is, this client was supposed to use the Name Service to
find my server's object, but apparently this is not the case.

By tracing omniNames I saw it receiving the same kind of message, when I
issue Orbix' "lsns -I iorfile", except it succeeds.
So I guess there must be something the server can do to make this
request succeed...  but I don't see what (I'm quite new to Corba, maybe
it explains :-)

The difference I have seen between "lsns" and my client is the object
key passed as argument to the locate request: the first is "NameService"
and the second is ":\\10.2.1.30:MyClass:::IFR:MyClass\0" (C notation).

After a few days searching on internet, the answer does not seem so
obvious.  Does anyone know what I can do to solve this ?
(yes, reading docs, I know :-), that's what I'm doing, but it takes time
and I'm not sure to find the answer, whereas apparently some people
already did this here)

NB: I ask this here after having searched the mailing list archive, the
FAQ, and the newsgroup, and I didn't found any answer.

--
Best regards,
Fabien COUTANT