[omniORB] omniORB 3 pre-release 3 is now available

Marcus Gruendler runner@i5.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 15:09:46 +0200

Barry Roberts schrieb:

> I built pre-2 from the sources (NT 4.0, MSVC 6) using the minimal python and
> cygwin.
>
> I'm trying to do the same with pre3 and when I type "make export" I get:
> =: unmatched "
>
> and the make stops.
>
> Dunno if I'm doing something stupid or what.  I have a full cygnus install,
> but I installed the "lite" version because the latest one
> (apparently)doesn't use the same registry settings for the mount points, and
> I couldn't get pre2 to build without that.  The "lite" binaries are in my
> path ahead of the latest cygwin for the build.
>
> I did modify top/config/config.mk and top/mk/platforms/x86_nt_4.0.mk as
> instructed in the readme.win32.
>
> Thanks,
> Barry Roberts

Dear Barry,

I've had the same problems when I compiled a recent snapshot with the
cygnus tools. I couldn't solve the problem until I completely
uninstalled the latest cygnus tools and removed all registry entries
dealing with Cygnus by hand. Then I installed the minimum cygnus tools
from the omniorb FTP site - and it worked. ( don't forget to run
"checkmounts.cmd" once )

You can delete the registry entries by using regedit and search for
"Cygnus Solutions". Just remove this complete subtree. There are several
copies in the registry (at HKEY_CURRENT_USER, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, etc.)
remove all of them an then reinstall the minimum tools.

I hope this helps a little bit although it is not very satisfying ;-)

Greetings, Marcus

--
 Marcus Gruendler
 runner@i5.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
 Chair for Information Systems & Database Technology
 RWTH-Aachen University, Germany