[omniORB] minimal python rt for SunOS

Fri, 02 Jun 2000 10:31:38 +0100

On Thursday 1 June, "Manfred Knemeyer" wrote:

> Both a SunOS 5.5 and 5.7 executable are on the site but none for 5.6
> and omnipython unpacks into the corresponding 5.5 or 5.7 directory.

Yes. We have no 5.6 machines here, so I didn't want to release
binaries I couldn't test. Now you've reported that the 5.5 version
works on 5.6, I'll make a 5.6 version.

> But specifying, say, the 5.5 directory with this SunOS 5.6 platform
> will fail during the omniORB build.  Copying 5.5 omnipython into the
> 5.6 directory seems to work.

The executable has to play various tricks to find the .py files it
needs, so it tends not to work if you mess with the path too much.