[omniORB] Newby question about cout hanging

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
20 Dec 2000 12:25:56 +0000

Hello Sai-Lai,

Rebuilding omniORB using the version of gcc provided with RH7 didn't help.
But I installed the 2.96-69 update for gcc, and the 2.2-9 update for glibc,
and my example now works as expected.  So if other users report problems
with RH7 then these updates may be worth trying.

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Sai-Lai Lo [mailto:S.Lo@uk.research.att.com]
Sent: 19 December 2000 16:02
To: kevin_mitchell@agilent.com
Subject: Re: [omniORB] Newby question about cout hanging

The binary we provided only works for Redhat 6.x. RH7 ships with a
different and incompatible g++/gcc. You'll have all sorts of problems
trying to use our 6.2 binaries.

Also, I've heard report that there are other problems with compiling
omniORB using the gcc compiler on RH7. You should either down grade to RH
6.2 or install your own gcc compiler. 2.95.2 seems OK.

Sai-Lai

--
Sai-Lai Lo                                   S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
AT&T Laboratories Cambridge           WWW:   http://www.uk.research.att.com