[omniORB] Threads management

Thu, 14 Dec 2000 15:32:52 +0000

On Thursday 14 December, "Belyavtsev Valery" wrote:

> How can I control the number of threads at the server side?
> Is it possible?
> It is important for me since I could have situation with multiple
> simultaneous requests from different clients.
> What will happen when server application received too many simultaneous
> requests?

There is no way to limit the number of threads on the server side at
present. If thread creation fails, the connection will be denied, and
the client will get a COMM_FAILURE exception. It is actually far more
likely that the server will have to refuse connections because it has
run out of file descriptors than because it cannot create threads.

Do you have a specific problem, or are you just considering the
possibility of a problem?