[omniORB] Findout out ave CORBA object sizes...

Stefan Seefeld seefelds@MAGELLAN.UMontreal.CA
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 14:48:12 -0500

Greg Law wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to do some benchmarking to find out a typical size of a CORBA
> object.  To do this I'd like to just insert a printf in the relevant
> function of OmniORB, probably something like:
>
> omniORB::create_object( obj_type *p ) {
>   printf( "Creating an object of %x bytes\n", p->size );
>
> /*
>  *real work here
>  */
> }
>
> However, finding such a function in the code is a bit like finding a
> needle in a heystack :-( Can anyone just tell me where this function (or
> its equivalent) can be found?

what do you mean by 'object' ? If you mean a servant, it's the user who
writes the instantiation functions, so it's there you need to measure.

The omni code is already pretty verbose when you set the trace level
appropriately, so you can easily find out when references are created.

Regards,	Stefan

Stefan Seefeld
Departement de Physique
Universite de Montreal