[omniORB] CVS

rohanl@ot.com.au rohanl@ot.com.au
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 19:08:43 +1000 (EST)

"Robert Simmons Jr." <gnuish@uswest.net> wrote:

Robert> There has been alot of mention of cvs. I have not had much
Robert> experience with it. can anyone reccomend a good text on it for
Robert> a professional programmer (no kiddie stuff)

Have you had a look at the documentation that comes with CVS?

On a Linux system you will find postScript docs in /usr/doc/cvs-?.?.?
and info files in /usr/info.

I find these pretty comprehensive, but if you find you still have
questions, the info file mentions a mailing list and newsgroup. To
quote from the file:

   There is a mailing list, known as `info-cvs', devoted to CVS.  To
   subscribe or unsubscribe write to `info-cvs-request@gnu.org'.  If you
   prefer a usenet group, the right group is `comp.software.config-mgmt'
   which is for CVS discussions (along with other configuration management
   systems).  In the future, it might be possible to create a
   `comp.software.config-mgmt.cvs', but probably only if there is
   sufficient CVS traffic on `comp.software.config-mgmt'.

--
 ,-_|\   Rohan Lloyd                 rohanl@ot.com.au
/     \  Open Telecommunications     http://www.ot.com.au/