[omniORB] CVS

Mon, 27 Sep 1999 09:35:08 +0100

On Monday 27 September, "Robert Simmons Jr." wrote:

> There has been alot of mention of cvs. I have not had much experience
> with it. can anyone reccomend a good text on it for a professional
> programmer (no kiddie stuff)

The manual which comes with CVS is pretty good. If you already have a
CVS distribution, you should find the documentation installed
somewhere. You can get it in PDF, PS and HTML at the easy-to-remember
URL of

  http://www.loria.fr/cgi-bin/molli/wilma.cgi/doc.847210383.html

If you want more, Cyclic Software, the maintainers of CVS, recommend
Practical Software Configuration Management by Tim Mikkelsen and
Suzanne Pherigo, but I've never seen it.