[omniORB] Solaris C++ compiler version 5.0

Smith, Norman Norman_Smith@bmc.com
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 11:06:23 -0500

We had some trouble with v5.0 of the Sun compiler, but managed to get past
them. We are running Solaris 2.7 and found that the addition of "-O2 -g" to
the makefile solves build problems that were being reported. Seems to me
that there may have been a code change that we had to make to get the tools
subdirectory to build, but think that might have been for the gnu compiler.

If you run into more build problems, drop me a line.

Cheers!
Norm Smith

P.S. Look in the README.SunC++5 file in the root omniORB2 directory for more
release info for this compiler.

-----Original Message-----
From: b.keeping@ic.ac.uk [mailto:b.keeping@ic.ac.uk]
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 1999 5:48 AM
To: omniorb-list@uk.research.att.com
Subject: [omniORB] Solaris C++ compiler version 5.0

This is really for the developers mainly:

Can you update me on the status of omniORB with respect to the new Sun
compiler? We are thinking of switching to it here, but I recalled some
problems mentioned on the list (couldn't find them just now though,
perhaps because I couldn't work out how to search for "C++"!), and the
2.8.0 release note doesn't mention it, and the FAQ only refers to 4.2.

Thanks,
Ben Keeping
Imperial College