[omniORB] omniEvents: Push/Pull Data size limitation ....

Dejan Polomcic Dejan.Polomcic@telecom.co.nz
Thu, 09 Sep 1999 19:09:48 +1200

hi omniORBEers,

What is the maximum data size, when pushin data in to Event channel or
when pulling data from Event channel ????

this question is related to omniEvents 1.03 - contributed by Paul Nader

cheers

>>> "Sai-Lai Lo" <S.Lo@uk.research.att.com> 9/September/1999 10:15am >>>

> First, Steve painfully admits he hasn't had time to look at the 2.8.0
> prerelease for NT.

> With that out of the way, have you added a call to WSACleanup to the
NT
> implementation of the BOA::dispose member?  This call cleans up
internal
> WinSock memory allocation (and makes the Purify leak report easier to
> read).  I have been adding this call externally to my applications
which
> then requires me to link with ws2_32.lib.

> I have been intending to report this for quite a while but my
attention
> was diverted elsewhere.

OK. I think the new method ORB::NP_destroy() is the more appropriate for
2.8.0. I'll add the WSACleanup call.

What effect does the call has on sockets that has not been closed?

Sai-Lai

--
Sai-Lai Lo                                   S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
AT&T Laboratories Cambridge           WWW: