[omniORB] Borland C++ 5.0 build rather than MSVC++?

Fabrice BELLAMY f.bellamy@software-industries.com
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 16:26:36 +0200

Michael Loftis wrote :

> Is there any support to build omniORB3 for Borland C++ rather than
> MSVC++?
>
> The reason I ask is I don't have Microsoft tools available to me (Other
> than Visual Basic 5.0,m but we won't even go there ;)) but I do have
> Borland C++ v5.0
>
> It produces 32-Bit code and DLLs if the IDE is set for it as well as via
> a command line (however under NT there appears to be issues with command
> line compiles of anything other than simple invocations, seems make has
> issues....).
>
> If there are any special tools to support the MSVC++ build environment,
> what are they?  I'd like to atleast port my local work so I can have
> Win32 builds of my programs.
>
> Thanks
>
> Michael Loftis

MSVC++ build environment is not the only issue, some parts of the code will not compile or run with
Borland compiler.

Mikhail Soukhanov have a patch to compile omniORB (2.7.1) with Borland C++Builder 4.
I think that C++ Builder uses the same compiler as Borland C++ 5.0 so maybe this patch can be
usefull for you.

have a look at :

http://www.uk.research.att.com./omniORB/contribapp.html#BorlandPort
and
http://astra.relline.ru/devel/omniORB_Borland.html

I have C++Builder and Borland C++ 5, so maybe I can help if you have problems with the patch.

Fabrice Bellamy